Chill Out this Summer with Organic Frozen Treats
Summer is officially here. What better way to celebrate it than with frozen treats!! I’m going to overload you with some, delicious, quick, organic and nutritious summer frozen treat recipes! (Beware, there is come cuteness going on below!)
Makes 1 big serving or 2 small.
Just two ingredients:
- 4 frozen bananas (in pieces)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter etc.)
Break up 4 frozen bananas in a Vitamix and add 3~5 Tbsps. of peanut butter and blend for 30 seconds or until it makes those 4 puffy clouds. Eat right away as a soft serve ice-cream or put it in a container and stick in freezer to harden and save for later! You can also use a food processor too. Add some stevia, maple syrup or honey if you like it sweeter!
- Omit the nut butter if you are allergic to nuts.
- If you want chocolate banana ice cream add in 2 tablespoons cacao powder!
I have to give credit to my cousin on this one. After going strawberry picking she came up with this yummy, quick summer treat for her beautiful little toddler *Pictured in the below fudgesicle recipe*!
Makes 6-8 popsicles
- 10 ripe Strawberries
- Few mint leaves
- A bit of water
- 1-2 Tbsp Raw honey (adjust to your taste)
Blend all together, pour into your popsicle molds and wait a few hours and enjoy!
- 3- Fresh ripe peaches, halved and pitted (or 1lb frozen sliced peaches)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp of milk (nut milks are great here)
- 3 -4 cups of ice cubes (if using frozen peaches you won’t need ice)
Add ice or frozen peaches first. Then add rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Blueberry Dreams Recipe:
Makes 2 servings.
This is one of my most favorite summer treats. Quick, easy and yummy! Full of antioxidants too!
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup liquid (I used water, but milk and coconut water would be excellent too)
Add blueberries to blender and slowly add liquid until you get consistency you like. If you don’t like the tart taste, add a tablespoon of honey.
***Here Comes that Cuteness Overload I Warned You About***
Makes 5-6 popsicles
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 small, very-ripe bananas (200g)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey (or more to taste, can also use maple syrup, Stevia)
Directions: Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for 4 hours, and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as this precious little blondie to the right.
Smoothie Pops Recipe
Make ANY smoothie into a popsicle!
I do this ALL the time. I usually have extra smoothie in my blender so I just poor it into my popsicle molds for quick healthy, summer treat! My kids just love these for a snack!
Try this with fruit smoothies, green smoothies, or chocolate shakes.
Vanilla Almond Iced Cubed Coffee
- Coffee Cubes (I like to make a little extra coffee and freeze the rest in ice cube trays for future use) click here for quality organic coffee.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
Fill up your glass 1/2 full of coffee cubes or if you like stronger coffee fill to the top. Add your vanilla and milk of choice, sweetener if using, stir and enjoy!
Tip: Pour a little hot water over coffee cubes (1/4 cup) to melt the cube a bit to get more coffee flavor right away. Then add the rest of your ingredients.
I’m not a huge coffee drinker. Coffee makes me too jittery, but I will have this drink on occasion. This is especially good in the early morning before the kids wake up… oh such peace and quiet.
All the ingredients used in these recipes are either organic, raw, local and natural, and I encourage you to use the same! These recipes are all quick, easy and fun recipes that you can enjoy during the hot days of summer. What are your favorite healthy summer frozen treats?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.