Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits & Uses
Raw apple cider vinegar (personally, I prefer Bragg’s) has been around and been used for centuries. Since 400 b.c., Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine and the all famous quote, “Let thy food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food,” used to make himself an energizing tonic and health elixir from apple cider vinegar mixed and honey. How cool is that?! Now fast forward to today, organic apple cider vinegar has been a staple in our home now for 2 years. My husband and I take it as a supplement daily and I use it for countless things that I will list below.
Some Important Things to Know About Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Not all apple cider vinegar is created equal. Usually what you find in the grocery store has been pasteurized, refined, distilled or filtered to make the end product look more appealing to the customer. With all that unnecessary processing it kills all the healing, and beneficial properties of the vinegar. So stay away from household brands like Heinz.
Instead what you need to look for is an unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar. It will look different than what you are used to getting at the grocery store, unlike the clear “pretty” look of the grocery store brand “REAL” organic apple cider vinegar will have a cloudy look, and you might see things floating around in it. Don’t fret… all those things you see are really what separates the good stuff from the “bad”! Organic apple cider vinegar is a truly natural product. It’s made from organic apple juice which then goes through a double fermentation. That is how it retains all the nutritional goodness of the apples from which it was made plus it is fortified with the extra acids and enzymes produced during the double fermentation. You can find organic apple cider vinegar at most health food stores or you can conveniently purchase it online here.
Here’s the fun part, now I will list all the benefits and uses for this wonderful product!
32 Health Benefits & Uses for Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Taken daily organic apple cider vinegar provides a high source of potassium and enzymes.
My husband I take it (for overall health). We take 1 tsp. 3X’s a day in a glass of water. I like to add a little Vanilla Stevia to sweeten it up a bit, it kind of tastes like apple pie especially if you add a little shake of cinnamon Try to take it first thing in the morning with a big glass of water, it helps wake up your system! tastes like apple pie especially if you add a little shake of cinnamon Try to take it first thing in the morning with a big glass of water, it helps wake up your system!
2. The enzymes in apple cider vinegar also promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut, and can help regulate candida issues.
3. Fight allergies in both humans and animals
4. Organic apple cider vinegar lowers glucose levels, and may be helpful for diabetics
5. Organic apple cider vinegar can also be very helpful in reducing gas and bloating. Just take a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar diluted in water or tea before a meal.
6. It can also help eliminate symptoms of heartburn. Take a dose as soon as you feel heartburn symptoms coming on.
7. If you feel a sore throat coming on gargle with organic apple cider vinegar it will usually stop it in its tracks (1/2 tsp w/ 1/2c warm water)
8. Organic apple cider vinegar helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
9. This will help/cure acid reflux. Take a 1-2 tsp of Bragg’s raw apple cider before each meal and you can toss your Dr. meds away! (I’ve read this from many people!)
10. Protect against food poisoning. If you suspect you ate something fishy take a dose of organic apple cider vinegar when you arrive home.
11. Awesome for detoxification. Take a couple tablespoons in the morning with water and this helps cleanse the kidneys and wakes up the liver.
12. It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
13. May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
14. Rich in ash which gives organic apple cider vinegar its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
15. Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
16. A few lab studies have found that organic apple cider vinegar may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth. Despite its acidic taste, apple cider vinegar actually promotes alkalinity in the body. As Charlotte Gerson says, “cancer cannot live in an alkaline body,” and one of the primary ways the Gerson Therapy battles cancer and other diseases is by bringing the body into an alkaline state which makes it an inhospitable environment for cancer.
17. It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes. Topical solution: Mix 1 part organic apple cider vinegar with 3-4 parts water. Apply to face with cotton ball (like you would any toner) leave on for 10 minutes and rinse. If you have severe acne you can leave it on overnight.
18. Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
19. Organic apple cider vinegar is an effective body odor remedy, since it can help adjust the skin’s pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. For armpit odor, simply wipe them once each morning with undiluted organic apple cider vinegar (using a cotton ball). For foot odor, fill a pan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar, then let your feet soak in this mixture for 15 minutes once per week.
20. Organic apple cider vinegar, when used as a rinse, will make your hair feel smooth and shiny, and provide a bit of extra clarification to remove oil and dirt. It balances your hair’s pH, which helps seal the cuticle and make the hair smoother. It can also help with dandruff, clear away greasy build-up, and soothe itchiness and irritation of the scalp.
Simply mix a tablespoon or two in a glass of water, and rinse your hair with it at the end of your bath. Make sure to rinse it out well afterwards, or your hair might feel a little crunchy. I do this often, it’s often called the “No Poo” Method. Which is good for detoxing hair from chemical products. Don’t worry, the vinegar smell will dissipate once your hair dries, so you don’t have to go around smelling like salad all day (not that that’s a bad thing!).
21. Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
22. Help fight yeast infections. Apple Cider Vinegar has been found to be an effective treatment for yeast infections. Go to this page for more details on how soaking in a bath mixed with a few cups of ACV can be used to treat this infection.
23. Organic apple cider vinegar is known to help fight cellulite. Oral Remedy: Mix 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar into an 8oz glass of water. Optionally add a small amount of honey or stevia as a sweetener. Drink this once each morning. Topical Remedy: Mix 3 parts ACV with one part massage oil (I like to use Almond or coconut oil) . Gently knead solution onto affected area. Do this twice daily. This will help reduce appearance of cellulite.
24. Due to its acidic properties, organic apple cider vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad breath. Simply add 1/2 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar into a cup of water and gargle the mixture in your mouth for 10 seconds at a time until the cup is empty.
25. Helps strengthen the immune system
26. Increases stamina
27. There are many causes for diarrhea but organic apple cider vinegar is a very natural effective treatment. Since the high pectin concentration acts as a protective coating which soothes the irritated lining of the colon. A suggestion is to add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to a large glass of water, and drink this 3 times daily while the symptoms persist.
28. Soothes bug bites
29. Hair detangler. In a spray bottle I add 1 tsp. organic apple cider vinegar and fill the rest with distilled water as a natural hair detangle in the morning. Also if lice is going around school, I add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil for natural lice prevention.
30. Gets rid of fingernail or toenail fungus
31. Sunburn relief. Dilute and swab affected area or you can also add a cup to your bath too soothe the burn.
32. And of course last but not least, make a delicious salad dressing. Here is one of my favorite organic apple cider vinegar salad dressing recipes:
2 Tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar, Mix 2 garlic cloves (chopped), 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. raw honey,1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice(or lime might be good too), 1/3 cup water, 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, dash of cumin and cayenne and a dash of Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!!
There are many more uses for organic apple cider vinegar including pet care, household care, and even automotive care! Get yourself a bottle or two or three so you always have it on hand. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent brand it is raw organic apple cider vinegar which sweet mother earth provides. Cheap health and happiness!
Tell me how you use organic apple cider vinegar in your home!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.