18 Gluten Free Snacks the Kids will Love
Now that my daughter is Gluten intolerant our whole family is adapting. This discovery actually turned out to be the perfect opportunity for us to make a change I’ve wanted us to make for years! As I see it, if one of us is Gluten free we all are! The problem is my kids love snacks… they especially love snacks with Gluten in them (pretzels, pastries, tortillas – oh you should’ve seen the waterworks). Snacks are huge in any house with growing kids and I was becoming concerned my daughter would fall to pieces if I kept telling her about the snacks she couldn’t have. After rummaging through my pantry and refrigerator the other afternoon I realized that this was actually going to be a lot easier than I’d feared. There are plenty of Gluten free snacks for kids today, and it just so happened that some of my kids’ favorite snacks were already Gluten free.
In this blog post I’ve listed eighteen Gluten free snacks for kids – and the rest of us too!
Healthy Gluten Free Snacks:
- Organic apple slices dipped in Almond Butter
- Fruit skewers (strawberries, grapes, blueberries, pineapple, melon balls, etc)
- Organic celery topped Peanut Butter(or Hazelnut, Sunflower, Cashew Butter, etc.) and raisins aka “Ant’s on a Log”
- Rice cakes with variety of toppings, my children’s favorite is the Chocolate Hazelnut Spread topped with sliced bananas
- Sliced vegetables (like carrots, celery and bell peppers) with salsa
- Dried fruits
- Organic Popcorn, some consider it junk food, but in moderation it’s not that bad! Sprinkle it with some nutritional yeast for some added vitamin B.
- Applesauce with cinnamon
- Plain Greek Yogurt with a couple drops of Dark Chocolate Stevia and Raspberries.
- Organic Corn Chips dipped in guacamole
- Nuts – Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, Walnuts, Hazelnuts
Gluten Free Snacks for a Sweet Tooth:
- Annie’s Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Bunny Cookies perfect for the kids.
- Fruit and Greek Yogurt “Sundae’s” top with Hemp Seeds and raw honey.
- Sliced Organic Granny Smith apples dipped in caramel sauce.
- Strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate
- Pear and Greek Yogurt Tartine -Toast a piece of gluten-free bread. Dividing evenly, top with 2 Tbsp. apple butter, ½ thinly sliced pear and 2Tbsp Greek yogurt
- Chocolate bars – there is a variety of yummy, Gluten free options.
- If you love almonds then you must try these delicious treats by Laughing Giraffe they are Organic Raw Vanilla Almond Snackaroons and they will definitely curb that sweet tooth.
I hope these quick & easy Gluten free snacks help to get you started. Remember there are numerous options out there, so feel free to use your imagination in the kitchen and be adventurous!
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Coffee & Beyond: Seven Organic Drinks to Start Your Day - August 12, 2015